Software Developer – F5 Networks | 3-month contract, 2017
The world’s largest businesses, service providers, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to deliver and secure their applications and services while ensuring people stay connected.
49 of Fortune 50 companies rely on F5.
Developer for Docker / Node.js Application Connector project Maintained development network assets Developed against F5 APIs Strengthened experience with F5 Appliances
Software Developer – Protocol Labs | 2016-Present
The distributed web. Peer-to-peer hypermedia protocols to make the web faster, safer, and more open.
Our systems improve how the web works, based on protocols like Git, DHTs, BitTorrent, Bitcoin, and SFS. Protocol Labs is focused on providing a data-locality aware, secure network stack for distributed applications, and model for ambient and network-efficient storage.
- 100% Open-Source software
- International development team collaboration
- Fully distributed network
- Automated testing & Deployment using Kubernetes / Docker
Lead Software Developer – Stay Alfred | 2015-2016
- Lead Architect for proprietary vertical market CRM/ERP application
- Business logic development in Node.js and Rust
- Design of PostgreSQL Schema
- Design of MongoDB Document Schema
- Development Operations (DevOps) for proprietary vertical market CRM/ERP application
- Architect of in-house OpenStack deployment for development and staging
- Automation of Vagrant/Ansible-deployed application stack
- Network lead, managing office and datacenter networking
- VoIP engineer for a medium-sized call center
Owner / Lead Service Provider Network Architect – xyTel Inc | 2015-Present
- Lead Architect for regional Internet Service Provider network
- Fully-routed MPLS network backbone
- Advanced metro ethernet network service offerings
- Long-haul microwave and optical backhaul
- Fully-redundant network architecture with < 1 second fail-over time
Cloud Engineer – Intrinium | 2012-2015
- Architect for a large-scale public cloud virtualization system
- Architect for a large-scale storage backend for aforementioned public cloud
- Network lead, managing our switching and routing from core to access for the Argonne datacenter
- Linux & Windows Systems Engineer, maintaining existing, and building new service infrastructure
- Security analyst, assessing, testing, and repairing our network against security threats
- Network Engineering consultant, providing services to our customers getting routing and switching configured in their networks
Repair Technician – WKA Innovations Inc | 2010-2011
- Tier 1-3 support of workstations in business and residential settings, both on-site and in our office.
- Tier 1-3 support and build-out of on-site full network solutions, including small-scale routing and switching, on-site servers, and standardized workstations.
- Customer service, as the first point of contact to our customer base.
- Successfully reduced lead time for repair from 2 weeks to 24 hours.